Which fabric is safe for babies?Rinixtex
Currently, children’s clothing items on the market are mainly processed on dyed spandex fabrics. The source of this raw material also has no clear origin. Larger factories say buying in China, cheaper prices and more choices. However, the fabric is not clear about the chemical composition, the origin can easily affect the baby’s health. So how to choose safe fabrics for babies?
1. Identify the fabric material
– PE (Policester) fabric is also one of the fabric materials used by many children’s clothing processing factories because of its low cost, high durability, less creasing, less shrinking, but quickly ruffled. feathers and not able to absorb moisture, so when wearing, the baby often gets hot and causes skin allergies.
– 65/35 cotton spandex fabric has a fabric base similar to 100% cotton spandex, but it has polyester fiber mixed so it doesn’t absorb sweat well, easy to cause skin irritation. The advantage of this fabric is cheap, durable.
– 100% cotton spandex fabric has a soft fabric base, absorbs sweat well but often gets old quickly.
2. Prefer 100% cotton yarn and safety bucket fabric
– Dermatologists always advise parents to choose 100% cotton fabrics and safe fabrics of clear origin to sew clothes for babies because this fabric is soft, has the best sweat absorption ability, Breathable, does not contain many chemicals.
3. Pay attention to dyes
– Currently, children’s clothes are mainly dyed with dyes such as azo, which can be converted into aromatic compounds with high pH. If poorly treated, aromatic amine compounds will exist in the product. Products after dyeing cause headaches, anemia, and vision loss. Chronic exposure can cause bladder, liver, breast, urinary system, and skin irritation in children.
– Avoid choosing clothes with bright colors, clothes that have not been treated well with dyes. When buying clothes for babies, parents should try by bringing them up to their nose to smell, if the fabric is good, it will have a slight fragrance, otherwise the fabric containing many chemicals will have an unusual smell.
– Should wash clothes before letting the baby wear, if you notice that the clothes are fading (dyed out), you need to wash them many times until it’s really clean.